Frequently Asked Questions
What does "Handmade Designs" mean?
We custom-design each website to meet the client's needs and specifications. All code is written by us so we can guarantee it works perfectly for you. No templates! Rather than customize pre-existing templates from WordPress or Joomla, we build your site from scratch, ensuring high-quality, streamlined, error-free code.
Why are code standards important?
The coding language HTML was designed for a very different environment than today's internet. HTML became unwieldy through years of sloppy use and ad-hoc evolution. Streamlined modern browsers such as Firefox and Safari often do not parse through this mess to display your website properly.
A website made with standards-compliant code:
- Looks great on all browsers and computers.
- Accessible on iPhones, tablets, and talking browsers.
- Meets the strictest code standards.
- Uses stylesheets for fast and easy updating.
- Appears higher in search results.
- Loads quickly, free of "junk code" clutter.
Thanks to our handwritten standards-compliant code, your website will function properly in new browsers and remain compatible with older browsers too. It will look great on mobile devices and on the printed page, no separate website necessary.
Will my website show up in Google?
It's important to remember that Google itself--not you or any website company--controls Google's search results. Google uses complex, confidential algorithms to help ensure their search results are not manipulated. Website rankings depend on many factors:
- How many other websites are linking TO yours? Are they quality websites?
- How long has your website been online? Is it updated frequently?
- When does your domain name expire?
- Have you included keywords in your title tags, content, and image alt tags?
- Does your site meet Google's mobile-friendly standards?
Addressing these factors will make your website more search-engine-friendly.
What if my friend/nephew/ coworker says they'll make my website for free?
When choosing who will handle this essential aspect of your marketing, please consider the following:
- Do they have professional experience with organizing content, proofreading text, and formatting images?
- Do they have a history of prompt, friendly customer support?
- Can they optimize your website for search engines?
- Will they test the website on multiple browsers and mobile devices?
- Can they build a secure database with protection against hackers?
- Do they offer reliable web hosting?
Let us take care of all these challenges for you, in one convenient package. We guarantee your content will be typo-free and your code will be error-free. Plus, you'll receive our famously quick turnaround!
Why shouldn't I use Flash animation?
Every feature on your website should enhance your mission. With Flash animation, the audience may say "Wow, haven't seen that snazzy effect before," but they won't be focusing on your intended message.
Don't put a barrier between your visitor and your content! Flash makes your website download slowly, and prevents common right-click functions like bookmarking and opening a new window. It doesn't work on iPhones or iPads, or many older browsers and computers. Search engines can't crawl Flash text and links, so your search rankings are damaged.
For these reasons and more, we do not do Flash. We want your visitor to get to your content as soon as possible.
How long will it take to finish my site?
After receiving any needed items from you, we typically finish new websites in just 6 weeks depending on the size of the project.
How do I get started?
Just fill out our New Client Registration Form. For website projects, we take a 50% deposit with the balance due upon completion.